There are lots of recipes for stuffed tenderloin; with bacon, with cheese, with peas, mushrooms… and an endless etcetera. But this time we propose a different filling to surprise your guests this festive season. An omelette and ham filling with a delicious vegetable sauce.
Chef Orielo’s came up with this recipe to prepare an original, different meal this year. Make a careful note of the ingredients to make sure there’s nothing missing.
• 1 pork tenderloin, opened up
• Fresh parsley
• 2 eggs
• Boiled ham
• Serrano cured ham
• 4-5 slices of bread
• 15-20 raw almonds in their skin
• 1 ½ onions
• 3 cloves of garlic
• 2-3 ripe tomatoes
• 1 tablespoon flour
• 1.5 L Costa Eco Organic Chicken Stock
• Olive oil
• Ground black pepper
Step by step:
1. Open up the tenderloin and spread it out like a sheet.
2. Chop the garlic and parsley very finely and sprinkle them over the tenderloin. Add salt and pepper and leave to macerate for 2 hours.
3. Make an omelette with the 2 eggs. It must be more or less the size of the opened-up tenderloin.
4. Put the omelette on the meat together with some slices of boiled ham and Serrano cured ham, to taste.
5. Roll up the tenderloin, pressing firmly, and tie it up well with suitable string.
6. In a frying pan with enough olive oil, brown the tenderloin all over.
7. When it’s nice and golden, put it in a pan and cover it with the chicken stock. Simmer over a medium heat.
8. While the meat is cooking, in the same frying pan in which you browned it, fry the almonds until they’re well toasted. Do the same with the slices of bread and take them out.
9. Put the chopped cloves of garlic and the onion cut into large pieces into the same pan. Fry them thoroughly until the onion is thoroughly poached.
10. Grate the tomatoes and add them to the frying pan with the onion. Fry it all for about 5 minutes, and add salt and pepper.
11. Add a spoonful of flour and fry for a minute longer to cook the flour. Take it off the heat.
12. Put the fried mixture, the almonds and the bread in the mixer bowl, whiz it all up and add it to the pan where the meat is cooking in the stock.
13. Cook over a medium heat for about 40-50 minutes until the sauce thickens.
14. Serve the tenderloin cut into medium-thick slices, with the sauce over them.