We’re coming to the end of our “What would you do with our stocks?” promotion and we’re taking this opportunity to present the latest recipes that have come in. Today it’s the turn of Encarni, who suggests a rice broth with lobster.
Can you tell the difference between a spiny lobster and a lobster?
The spiny lobster is orangey-red in colour while the lobster is darker. But the most obvious difference is their front claws. You can’t miss them. The spiny lobster’s are small while those of the lobster are big and strong: unmistakeable.
Here comes the recipe.
• 1 lobster
• 250 g mussels and 250 g clams
• 250 g squid and 250 g prawns
• 1 L Costa Eco Fish Stock with Vegetables
• 1 small glass of white wine
• 4 glasses of bomba rice (a short-grain rice used in paella)
• 1 onion, 1 pepper and 1 clove of garlic
• 2 ripe tomatoes
• Saffron threads
• Salt and pepper
• Olive oil
Step by step:
1. Put three spoonfuls of oil into a frying pan and add the lobster cut into pieces and sauté it, then remove it and set it aside.
2. In the same oil, put the whole clove of garlic, the onion and the pepper, cut into small pieces. Brown them and add the mussels, the clams and the squid. Season to taste.
3. Sauté them and when the mussels and the clams open up, add the tomatoes, peeled and chopped. After five minutes add the white wine and reduce it.
4. Once the wine has been reduced, add the saffron. Stir and put the lobster and the prawns in the frying pan. Now is the time to add the litre of Costa Eco Fish and Vegetable Stock.
5. When it starts to boil add the rice and let it simmer for 20 minutes.