We came across this recipe in the blog Soy como como, which we liked, and we want to share it with all of you.
It’s the traditional sponge cake we all know and love, but varying the ingredients to use natural, wholemeal ones and make it a little healthier. Replace the white sugar with brown, the white flour with a mixture of wholemeal ones (as Núria says, to avoid refined flours) and cow’s milk with a rice-based substitute, though you could use oat or spelt drinks – whichever you like. Variety is the spice of life!
• ¾ glass of brown sugar
• 3 glasses of wholemeal spelt and wheat flour (mixed together)
• 1 sachet of organic yeast
• 1 glass of Costa Eco Rice Drink
• 4 organic eggs
• ½ glass of virgin olive oil (optional)
You can also add mashed banana or grated apple to make it juicier and fresher-tasting.
The steps to follow are very easy:
1. First mix all the dry ingredients together. Remember to sift them first to make sure the cake is nice and spongy.
2. Then add the liquid ingredients. Mix thoroughly to make sure there are no lumps and put it in a baking tin.
3. Pre-heat the oven to 180º and bake for about 30 minutes and you’ve got your breakfast or snack for whenever you like!