If you liked the quick chocolate custard we made a few weeks ago, you’ll love today’s recipe. And what’s more it’s “light”. which means just as good, but lighter. What more could you ask?
Chef Orielo is to “blame” for all these recipes that lead us into the temptation of chocolate. Today he’s surprised us pleasantly with this absolutely irresistible dessert.
The basis of this custard is our new Costa Eco Rice Drink with Cocoa. A nice glass of this drink is delicious but as an ingredient in dessert recipes even more so.
So here’s the recipe. Read it carefully, get all the ingredients ready and get to work. Oh, and don’t forget to tell us how it came out and what you thought of it. We look forward to hearing your comments.
• 500 ml. Costa Eco Rice Drink with Cocoa
• 4 egg yolks
• 1 teaspoon of sweetener or stevia
• 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence or vanilla pods
• 100 g dark chocolate
• Cinnamon sticks
• Orange or lemon peel (optional)
Step by step:
1. Put the Costa Eco Rice Drink with Cocoa on to heat . If you want to flavour it now is the time to add cinnamon sticks, vanilla pods or orange or lemon peel.
2. When it comes to the boil remove from the heat and allow to cool a little.
3. Separate the egg yolks from the whites and, in a bowl, mix the yolks thoroughly with the sweetener and the vanilla essence (if you haven’t flavoured the rice drink already).
4. Gradually pour the rice drink in with the yolks. stirring so that they don’t set with the heat.
5. Pour it all back into the saucepan and bring it to the boil over a medium hear, stirring to thicken for at least 10 minutes.
6. When it thickens add the dark chocolate and carry on stirring for another five minutes until it’s rather denser.
7. Pour it into moulds and cool them in the fridge for at least 6 hours (ideally overnight) so that they set.
8. You could use melted dark chocolate to make decorations in different shapes (lattices, circles and so on).