Nothing goes better with tiger nut milk than fartons, a type of long thin bun, ideal for dunking. Here’s a recipe so you can make your own for the perfect snack. Just imagine Costa tiger nut milk with delicious fartons… Mmm!
Just follow our recipe, you can’t go wrong:
500 g strong flour
50 ml tepid water
125 g butter at room temperature
150 g sugar
3 medium eggs
50 g fresh yeast
3 g salt
Icing sugar to decorate
Step by step:
– Proof the yeast by adding a little water.
– Add the eggs, sugar, salt, butter and water in a bowl and mix well. When the mixture is smooth, add the flour and the proofed yeast.
– Knead until a spongy dough is formed. Leave dough to prove until it has doubled in size.
– Break off pieces and form into lengths. Make them thin, because they’ll grow.
– Place on greaseproof paper on an oven shelf. Leave to rise a little longer.
– Meanwhile heat the oven to 200ºC. Put the shelf in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes, until golden.
– Leave to cool and ice. Add the icing sugar to a glass of water and lightly ice fartons.
Serve with the best tiger nut milk-Costa’s!