Is there a more spectacular way to finish of a Christmas dinner than a chocolate pudding? Yet again, Juanjo of Orielo’s Kitchen Lactose-Free Recipes shows that being intolerant to milk protein doesn’t mean food has to be boring and tasteless. All chocolate lovers will love this pudding and want more, whether they’re lactose-intolerant or not.
To make this recipe Juanjo used our Rice Drink with Cocoa, among other top-quality ingredients. So put your apron on and write down the ingredients.
- 500 ml CostaEco Cocoa Drink with Rice
- 150 g sugar
- 6 eggs
- 125 g dark chocolate
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon of Amaretto or other liqueur (optional)
- sponge madeleines as necessary
- chocolate syrup
- nibbed almonds
- Cover the base of a mould with crumbled sponge or madeleines (if you want, you can put caramel on the base before adding the sponge).
- Heat the CostaEco Rice Drink with Cocoa in a saucepan with the sugar, the vanilla and the liqueur and dissolve them thoroughly.
- Add a cinnamon stick and carry on heating it until it starts to come to the boil. Take it off the heat.
- Once off the heat, add the chopped-up chocolate and mix well until it’s completely melted and blended in. Leave the mixture to cool for 20 minutes.
- Beat the eggs vigorously until they’re foamy.
- Add the cocoa mixture, stirring it in over the eggs gradually until it’s completely mixed in.
- Pour the mixture into the mould over the sponge base (the pieces of sponge will come floating up to the top).
- Cover the pudding with aluminium foil and bake it in the bain marie inside another container with boiling water for 50 minutes at 180ºC. 10 minutes before it’s finished remove the aluminium foil and carry on baking.
- Use a stick to see whether it’s done and let it cool in the fridge for at least 4 or 5 hours before taking it out of the mould.
- Serve with chocolate syrup and nibbed almonds on top.
Here’s the video recipe:
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/SrfQRqUuo9w” frameborder=”0″ allow=”autoplay; encrypted-media” allowfullscreen></iframe>