Our friend Pepi Romero also took part in the “What would you do with our stocks?” promotion, presenting us with a chickpea stew. She tells us that for this recipe she sometimes uses chicken stock and sometimes vegetable stock. It works well with both. So choose whichever you like best.
• 1 glass of dried chickpeas
• Chicken meat
• Ham and ham bone
• Roast ribs
• Thick-cut bacon
• 1 L Costa Eco Organic Chicken Stock
Step by step:
1. Put the chickpeas in hot water the night before making the stew to soften them.
2. Put the ham bone, the rib and the bacon in a pressure cooker full of water. Let it boil and remove the foam of fat as it forms on the surface until no more appears.
3. Add the stock to give it more flavour than with the water alone and, once it’s hot, toss in the chickpeas. Never do this with cold water or they’ll go hard.
4. Finally, add the rest of the ingredients, the potatoes cut into chunks, the peeled carrots, the chicken and the ham.
5. Cover the pot and let it boil for about 15 minutes.
6. After switching off the heat let the pressure cooker cool for a while and then you can open it and it’s ready to eat piping hot.