There aren’t many days left before Christmas and, if you wanted to try something different for starters, take a look at what Orielo’s Kitchen Lactose-Free Recipes have prepared for you. The aromas of the mint, the cumin and the lemon will give an Arabic touch to your table with this recipe for aubergines with vegetables and couscous. Offer all your guests this healthy, balanced dish, suitable for lactose-intolerant people and vegans.
To prepare this recipe Orielo’s used our Costa Eco Vegetable Stock, among other tasty, healthy ingredients, all of them lactose-free.
So get sharpening your knives and get ready to cook!
- 2 large aubergines
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 spoonfuls of fried tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 150 g couscous
- 160 ml Costa Eco Vegetable Stock
- 20 g nuts (pistachios, almonds, etc.)
- 20 raisins
- fresh mint to taste
- 1 1/2 lemons
- extra virgin olive oil
- ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- Cut the aubergines in half lengthwise and make criss-crossing cuts in the skin. Add a little olive oil.
- Roast the aubergines in an oven preheated to 200ºC for 30-35 minutes. Let them cool off before scooping out the pulp; keep the skin.
- Heat the Costa Eco Vegetable Stock with salt and a little olive oil until its starts to come to the boil.
- Pour the stock over the couscous, cover the dish and leave it to soak for 4 minutes.
- Add a little olive oil and stir with a spoon to fluff up the couscous. Set aside.
- Finally chop the vegetables (the garlic, the pepper, the onion and the roast aubergine) and also the nuts.
- Sauté the garlic in a saucepan with hot oil until it starts to turn brown.
- Add the finely-chopped onion and peppers, salt and pepper and sauté for 10 minutes to brown them.
- Add the nuts and the raisins and cook them for a minute.
- Add the aubergine, a couple of spoonfuls of fried tomato sauce and the ground cumin. Sauté for a couple of minutes and take off the heat.
- Add the couscous, mix it all well and add salt and pepper to taste. Add the juice of half a lemon and the finely-chopped mint.
- Fill the aubergine skins with the vegetables, couscous and nuts.
Here’s the video recipe:
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/WaFXtUDqwgk” frameborder=”0″ allow=”autoplay; encrypted-media” allowfullscreen></iframe>